Executive, and member of the Institute of Directors (SA), with twenty nine
years of experience helping organizations reach their full potential. Adept in
making key decisions and working with other executives to achieve goals and
solve problems. Experienced in managing employee and community programs, and
dedicated to successfully directing technology and security operations
Dec 2020 - Current
With over 180 offices worldwide and 10 Billion
dollars in assets Ericsson is one of the oldest Telecom companies in the world.
As Security Director I am the single point of contact for all security matters
between Ericsson and its clients.
· 32 Billion Dollar business.
· Responsible for the Middle East, Turkey, Egypt and Africa market areas.
· Dedicated to two major accounts.
· Protecting over 65% of the total online traffic.
· Managing compliance to contractual and legal obligations as defined within the market area’s.
· Reduced System, Operations and Contractual risk through adherence to control frameworks .
Chief Information Security Officer
SBV Services (Pty) Ltd.
Jun 2016 - Nov 2020
With over 30 processing centers, over 700 armored vehicles and 6,400 employees, SBV Services is the trusted and preferred partner of the South African banking industry.
- 4 Billion Rand business
- Rebuilt the entire Information Security from the Ground up
- Reduced budget by 35%
- Increased compliance to over 90%
- Reduced Risk by 73%
- Reduced security related incidents by over 98%
- Gained International Recognition for innovation by Trend Micro and Fortinet
Group Chief Information Security Officer
Mar 2014 – Jun 2016
Discovery is a world leader in Medical and personal insurance offerings as well as employee wellness. Discovery has subsidiary offices in the USA, UK, EU and Asia Pacific.
- 11.1 Billion Dollar global firm
- Re-establishment of the Group Information Security function;
- Introduction of the Single Security Vision concept
- Implementation of Key risks controls framework
- Revamped the Information Security Awareness program
- Implementation of Data Loss Prevention
- Quantifiable reduction in internal fraud
Founder and CEO
Sept 2013 – Current
First National Bank as a financial institution, provides personal, private, business, commercial and corporate banking services to millions of customers across South Africa.
- Re-established the Identity Management program.
- Realignment of IDM Project milestones to Strategic Objectives
- Staffed the program with Industry and Technology Experts
- Elevated the program to Diamond level within FNB Group
Senior Manager: Information Security
Oct 2012 – Sept 2013
Accenture plc, stylised as Accenture, is an Irish-domiciled multinational professional services company that provides services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. A Fortune Global 500 company
- Africa Lead for Identity and Access Management
- Successful delivery of client engagements in Government & Energy Sector
- Program and Portfolio Management
- Delivery of full end to end Information Technology
- Supported for all Accenture EMEA IDM initiatives
Africa Head: Identity Management
ABSA / Barclays Africa
Jul 2010 – Oct 2012.
ABSA / Barclays is a Global leader in Financial services focused on delivering quality products and services across the vertical.
- ZAR 72 000 000 program.
- Return on Investment realised in 6 months.
- SOX 404 Security Compliance achieved
- Africa first full end to end successful IAM platform deployment
- Full unified staff Identity platform
- 47000 Identities management
- Fraud risk Quantifiably reduced
International Work Experience
Petroleum / Energy
Mining and Industrials
Information System Management
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Dip. Computer Specialist
Cert. Systems Analysis and Design
Certified Systems Engineer
Information Security Management